Tiramisu is a cold, layered dessert, originating in Venice specifically from the eastern part of Northern Italy, in the Veneto region in the 1950s.
Originally the tiramisu recipe consisted of: chicken egg, cocoa powder, soleilla cake, mascarpone and coffee, however, today we find many variants that involve biscuits, cream cheese, cream cream and even strawberries.
Ingredients for Tiramisú
- 4 eggs
- 80 grs. sugar
- 500 grs. chewing cheese or 250 grams of mascarpone cheese and 250 of cream.
- 1 package of vanillas, soleillas or savoiardi
- 50 grs. bitter cocoa
- Express coffee or a strong coffee
- A splash of coffee liquor
- Vanilla amount needed
Preparation of the Tiramisu
For the cream:
- We separate the whites from the yolks and reserve.
- In a container under a water bath we place the yolks with the sugar and the vanilla. We beat this preparation in the form of eight for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns light yellow and has a letter dot consistency.
- In a container we put the mascarpone cheese with a little vanilla and bathy. If we are using cream and cream cheese, we just have to put them together and add a little vanilla.
- Then, we incorporated the letter dot yolks into the previous mix, mixed and reserved.
For the armed:
- We place the coffee, either express or strong, in a flat container and add the drizzle of liquor.
- In the tray where we are going to present the Tiramisu we add a little of the cream mixture at the bottom.
- Then, we moisten the vanillas in the coffee with liquor and place them in the container the way we want.
- We add a little of the cream on the vanillas, and repeat the previous step until using the entire mixture or reaching the top of the container.
- Once the process is complete, we add the cocoa powder over the entire surface with the help of a strainer and take it to the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Try not to moisten the vanillas much, as this will cause them to break and the layers of the tiramisu not to be noticed.
- Don’t detach yourself from the yolks when they are in a water bath, since they cook very quickly and doing so would ruin the creamy texture of the dessert.
- If it is the first time that you make this delicious dessert and you want it to be shaped and the layers to show, you can help yourself with a little tasteless gelatin. You only have to dissolve 10 grams. in 30 cc of warm water and add it to the yolks.
- If you do this tiramisu overnight it would be ideal, since all the flavors settle and better results are obtained.
Nutritional information of Tiramisú
A portion of 100 grs contains:
- Calories: 366 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Proteins: 4.4 g
- Sugar: 28 g