The carrot cake is the favorite of many. It is one of a cake with a particular flavor, completely different from the flavor of carrots as they are known in salted dishes . However, the carrot has been used in cakes since the Middle Ages, as it was the perfect supplement for sugar.
Here you will know all the ingredients and the way to prepare this rich dessert, which you have surely eaten.
To prepare a carrot cake you need:
- 200 gr of leavening wheat flour or all use
- 200 gr of oil
- 250 gr of brown sugar
- 250 gr of grated carrot
- 3 large size eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 100 gr of raisins
- 100 gr of crushed walnuts
- Break of an orange
This cake normally goes accompanied by a delicious bitumen based on cream cheese , here you will find the recipe for both.
Ingredients for cream cheese bitumen
- 200gr of butter without salt
- 300gr of cream cheese
- 400gr of powdered sugar
Procedure for preparing carrot cake
- To begin with, all the already heavy ingredients are separated, sieving the wheat flour with a strainer.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, pinch salt, nutmeg and ginger to flour, mix everything very well to integrate.
- Store the previous preparation and add the brown sugar and oil in a bowl. Mix a little with a hand whisk.
- Begin to incorporate the eggs one by one into the mixture, when the egg is well incorporated, introduce the flour and beat with the hand whisk until it is well integrated.
- Add the carrot and orange zest, and mix well with a paddle.
- Add the raisins and walnuts. Mix the ingredients well to form a uniform dough.
- After this, place it in a pastry mold and grease with a little margarine and flour. Once it is well oiled, pour the cake mixture into the mold.
- Bake preheated before 180 ° C for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted dry.
- Let the cake rest a little and then remove it from the mold where it was baked
- Place it on a plate or base to present.
Preparation of cream cheese bitumen
- Take a clean bowl and add the salt-free margarine to room temperature
- With an electric mixer start beating the margarine for 5 min, until you notice that it is whiter and fluffier.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the powdered sugar little by little .
- After 5 min incorporate the cream cheese. It is recommended to add it very cold, this will be the only ingredient in the recipe that must be cold.
- Beat well, until it is perfectly added to the mixture and a consistent cream remains.
Procedure for adding bitumen to cake
- Cut the cake and chop it in the center to fill, for this you can use a knife.
- Apply a little bit of the bitumen and fill. Spread well throughout the cake so that it is well smeared. Once finished, place the other half above.
Nutritional information for carrot cake
100 grams of carrot cake contain a quantity of:
- Carbohydrates 79.2 gr
- Fiber 0% gr
- Protein 5.10 gr
- Sodium 567 ml
- Fat 9.80 gr