The recipe for baked chicken can sometimes vary both in the use of ingredients and in the preparation, but without a doubt it continues to be an easy and fast dish to cook . It can even be accompanied by any drink, however red wine is one of the best options to detail its exquisite flavors.
In another order of ideas, baked chicken is not only a low-fat succulent dish, but it is also a unique protein that provides various benefits to people’s bodies, one of them is its easy digestion. In turn, chicken has vitamin C12, which is responsible for oxygenating tissues .
Also, it works as a means of generating energy in the body. Because of this, people tend to improve their performance in the daily routine of their jobs or trades.
These are the necessary ingredients to prepare this dish
- 1 Kg of whole chicken
- ½ cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper pastry
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 fresh thyme twig
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- ½ cup sugar
How to prepare the chicken in the oven?
- Wash the whole chicken and dry it very well, remove the inside of the protein so that it is clean.
- In a large container 1/2 cup of salt is dissolved with 1 tablespoon of pepper pastry
- Then add ½ cup of sugar with 2 liters of water and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Immerse the chicken in the liquid and store it in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Subsequently, extract the protein and drain it from the water. Immediately place the chicken in a baking bowl and line it with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F.
- Make a mixture (optional) with lemon juice, honey, mustard, soy sauce, olive oil-
- Then spread the mixture throughout the chicken and include the fresh thyme within the protein. Also, place the garlic around the preparation.
- Take the chicken in the oven and let it bake for approximately 1 hour. Meanwhile, rose the preparation with the lemon juice every 15 minutes.
- When removing from the oven, it should be left to rest for 15 minutes.
What should you take into account to prepare this recipe?
- The first thing to keep in mind is that the whole chicken can yield for a dinner between 5 to 8 people.
- Baked chicken is generally filled with fresh oranges, tomatoes, apples, or vegetables. The aroma will be impregnated throughout the food.
- Protein rest times must be met. This will allow the ingredients to be concentrated in the chicken.
- It is feasible to place a kitchen twine throughout the chicken so that the concentration of the preparation is not lost.
- You can also add red wine to lemon juice to add a bittersweet touch to the preparation.
- The mixture of honey and mustard can be omitted. Instead, the protein can be smeared with olive oil for the same consistency.
- In addition, baked chicken can be accompanied by a garnish of mashed potatoes and Caesar salad.
- The surplus can be used for the preparation of chicken salad sandwiches.
- One of the drinks used as a companion is white wine due to its deep flavor, enhancing the details of the ingredients.
Nutritional information on baked chicken
- Calories: 165 kcal
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Proteins: 19
- Sodium: 0 g
The nutritional value shown above corresponds to a serving of 1kg of baked chicken, prepared with the ingredients already indicated. However, if there is a change in the way of preparation or the products to be used , the entire nutritional content may change.
On the other hand, this is a dish with balanced nutritional values (9 g of fat, 0 g of carbohydrates, 19 g of protein) In this way provides iron in the body to increase defenses and create a barrier against bodies.