10 INGREDIENTS IN YOUR KITCHEN THAT PREVENT ARTHRITIS
It is often said that “we are what we eat”, and food is a natural medicine against many diseases. This is the mission that have been proposed to teach us in “New Eves”, a community of women where you will learn how to cure and prevent various diseases, using food as medicine. On their website you will find many tips, treatments and recipes to prevent diseases as common as anemia, high cholesterol, overweight, diabetes, and fibriomialgia, among others. On this occasion, we are going to focus on the prevention of arthritis.
WHAT IS ARTHRITIS AND ITS SYMPTOMS
The arthritis is the inflammation and swelling of the joints, causing pain and stiffness in the same. There are a number of diseases and syndromes that can produce arthritis. The most common is osteoarthritis, which is localized in the hands, knees, hip and spine and cause the deterioration and wear of these bones. It is also very common, the rheumatoid arthritis, which usually appears on the wrists and in the fingers of the hand. Causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of joint function.
PREVENTION NATURAL ARTHRITIS
Many of you have this disease, because it is becoming more common in our society. It is shown that one of the factors causing this is the power supply. The fast-food, full of fats and additives all contribute to the cartilage of our bones wear out more quickly and at ever earlier ages.
Change our eating habits and improve the food consumption of the smart way, is one of the goals that it has been proposed to Alejandra Abarca, founder of “New Eves” and an expert on healthy eating. In this way we can heal our own body and to stop relying on medications harmful for our digestive system.
INGREDIENTS TO PREVENT THIS DISEASE
There are a number of foods that if you consume it regularly, may help prevent rheumatoid arthritis. If you look in your kitchen, sure to find more than one of these ingredients:
- ApioConsumir juice of celery daily will help to calm the stiffness of the joints. Celery contains sodium, potassium, calcium, sulphur, iron, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, and C. The combination of the sodium and potassium help to dissolve the calcium deposits that cause arthritis. If you like herbal teas, you can also prepare a tea with this ingredient, using both its stem as well as leaves.
- RepolloEl cabbage is a vegetable with many healthy properties. The ancient romans believed that it was an effective remedy for various ailments and diseases. The application of cabbage leaves in form of poultice, is especially helpful to relieve pain in the joints of any part of the body and inhibits the inflammatory process of the cartilage.
- ZanahoriaEste vegetable is rich in antioxidants, carotenoids, and in addition it incorporates potassium and vitamin A, among others. If you suffer from arthritis, a carrot juice every morning, it will help you increase the collagen in your joints and prevent inflammation.
- ArándanosEstudios based on nutritionists, have shown that the cranberry has antioxidant effects and antiiflamatorios. In addition, they have pointed out that the cranberry has a beneficial effect on the levels of blood fats and blood pressure. It is advisable to include in your daily diet a glass of cranberry juice because it decreases the activity of rheumatoid arthritis.
- PiñaComer pineapple between meals is a great idea if you suffer from arthritis, since this fruit contains bromelain, a substance very advantageous to reduce the inflammation of our joints. According to the results obtained by nutritionists, it has been shown that pineapple can reduce 100% of the pain.
- RomeroEl consumption and external application of rosemary has been one of the alternative treatments to decrease the symptoms caused by the wear and tear of the joints. This plant contains essential oils, antioxidants and potent anti-inflammatory that, together, help to improve the circulation to promote the feeling of relief. It is advisable to ingest 2 cups of infusion of rosemary a day, once in the morning and another before going to bed. Optionally, you can dip a cloth in the hot infusion and apply on the aching areas to prevent inflammation.
- EspinacasSi consume this vegetable often, you will provide all the daily recommended amount of vitamin K that your body needs. If we add to this the calcium, magnesium and antioxidants, and also contains this ingredient, we have everything that we need to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis. With a ration of 130g of spinach cooked+ in one of your main meals, it would be enough to get all the needed benefits for our health.
- JengibreEl ginger is a plant that contains antioxidant and gingerols that help to reduce the inflammation of the joints. You can include it in your diet by adding two tablespoons of ginger powder (or fresh, even better) to a cup of boiling water, as if it were a tea. It is also advisable to massage the joints with oil of this ingredient to relieve the pain.
- Olive oil virgenEn the last few years, it has been shown that this ingredient is so prized in our kitchens, is characterized by its high content in polyphenols, capable of reducing the inflammatory processes of the joints. To do this, it is advisable to combine it with raw vegetables and serve it in salads. If we add two tablespoons of olive oil to a glass of warm water and half a lemon squeezed, we get a home remedy very effective, ideal to take at any time of the day.
- Seeds of ChíaUtilizadas for centuries for its medicinal properties, it has been shown that the chia seeds are great for alleviating the processes inflamantorios of the joints and also contain antioxidant substances are important for the treatment of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. This ingredient, it is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals that protect and repair damage in the joints. It is advisable to include this ingredient in your daily meals. You can sprinkle these seeds on salads, soups and even fruit juices and it will give you in addition, a lot of flavor to all your dishes.
If you include some of these ingredients in your day-to-day you will see as the pain caused by the arthritis will subside, and above all, your health will improve gradually. The good food, will be from now on, your best medicine.